I never got to meet my mom’s older sister. She passed away three and a half years before I was born. Genevieve Vesta Johnson was born on June 9, 1920 in Anderson, Indiana. She married John F. Steffen in May 1942. My aunt was a nurse – a profession that her granddaughter and great-granddaughter also chose – women she never got to meet. Aunt Genevieve died on Friday, May 2, 1958 in Dayton, Ohio. Her funeral was held at St. Anthony’s in Dayton. She was buried in Calvary Cemetery in Kettering, Ohio. She was survived by her two young daughters and son as well as her husband, her parents, a brother (my Uncle Glen) and her sister (my mom) along with two nieces and two nephews. She was always remembered and spoken of very often.
- RT @BroughtonImages: New websites up today! Separate future for photography & photo art, and the BI Blog. See broughtonimages.com, http… 1 week ago
- Happy birthday #America - my ancestors were here long before 1776!! #Americanasitgets 2 weeks ago
- Technology Thursday – Triangulating DNA Matches allmybranches.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/tec… https://t.co/LuY4BXOlLT 3 weeks ago
- 61,157 hits
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 1940 census Amore ancestors Anderson Blazer blog Blogging blogs California Carnival of Genealogy Caylor cemetery census challenge Christmas civil war Clawson CoG Coshocton Coshocton County cousins death family Fearless Females Follow Friday Freaky Friday Genea-Blogger genea-blogger group games genealogy genealogy mystery Germany Goul grandmother grandparents grave Henry County history holiday holidays House Indiana Japan Johnson letters Madison County marriage meme military Missouri news newspaper obituary Ohio Oregon Pennsylvania personal photograph Photographs photos Records research reunion Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera SNGF Stern stories Tombstone Tuesday Websites web sites Werts Wilt Women's History Month wordless wednesday
Miss Merry on Technology Thursday – Tr… Tami Benjamin Cranda… on 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: #2 M… Miss Merry on Baby Mary Bill Broughton on New Images from Indiana on… Bill Broughton on Follow Friday – 3 June…
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Blogging Carnival of Genealogy Census challenge Facebook Fearless Females Follow Friday Freaky Friday genea-blogger group games Genealogy Mystery geography Inheritance letters Life and Death news Occupations On This Day personal Photographs Records Research Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera (Carnival) stories Today in History Tombstone Tuesday Uncategorized Websites wordless wednesday