I never got to meet my mom’s older sister. She passed away three and a half years before I was born. Genevieve Vesta Johnson was born on June 9, 1920 in Anderson, Indiana. She married John F. Steffen in May 1942. My aunt was a nurse – a profession that her granddaughter and great-granddaughter also chose – women she never got to meet. Aunt Genevieve died on Friday, May 2, 1958 in Dayton, Ohio. Her funeral was held at St. Anthony’s in Dayton. She was buried in Calvary Cemetery in Kettering, Ohio. She was survived by her two young daughters and son as well as her husband, her parents, a brother (my Uncle Glen) and her sister (my mom) along with two nieces and two nephews. She was always remembered and spoken of very often.
- RT @GeneralHospital: We're headed to the chapel, but will there be a wedding? #GH #JasonRevealed https://t.co/eGY1hQE4kc 3 weeks ago
- RT @JaSamJustuAndMe: so HAPPY that AFTER today the only name Jason will be called is " JASON MORGAN" This Jake Doe mumbo jumbo has to go. … 3 weeks ago
- RT @dickeastman: DNA Study Helps Solve Abraham Lincoln Lineage Debate blog.eogn.com/2015/11/04/dna… 3 weeks ago
- 57,259 hits
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 1940 census Amore ancestors Anderson Blazer blog Blogging blogs California Carnival of Genealogy Caylor cemetery census challenge Christmas Clawson CoG Coshocton Coshocton County cousins death family Fearless Females Freaky Friday Genea-Blogger genea-blogger group games geneabloggers genealogy genealogy mystery Germany Goul grandmother grandparents grave history holiday holidays House Indiana Japan Johnson letters Madison County marriage meme military Missouri news newspaper Ogan Ohio Oregon Pennsylvania personal photograph Photographs photos Records research reunion Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera SNGF Stern stories Tombstone Tuesday Travel Thursday vacation web sites Websites Werts Wilt Women's History Month wordless wednesday
ronnie g rummell on Funeral Card Friday – Ma… In Remembrance… on Anniversary of the Last Day of… In Remembrance… on My Thoughts On 9/11 In Remembrance… on Remembering Those Lost Jo Henn on Mid-Hiatus
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks awards Blogging Carnival of Genealogy Census challenge Facebook Fearless Females Freaky Friday genea-blogger group games Genealogy Mystery geography Inheritance letters Life and Death news Occupations On This Day personal Photographs Records Research Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera (Carnival) stories Today in History Tombstone Tuesday Uncategorized Websites wordless wednesday