I never got to meet my mom’s older sister. She passed away three and a half years before I was born. Genevieve Vesta Johnson was born on June 9, 1920 in Anderson, Indiana. She married John F. Steffen in May 1942. My aunt was a nurse – a profession that her granddaughter and great-granddaughter also chose – women she never got to meet. Aunt Genevieve died on Friday, May 2, 1958 in Dayton, Ohio. Her funeral was held at St. Anthony’s in Dayton. She was buried in Calvary Cemetery in Kettering, Ohio. She was survived by her two young daughters and son as well as her husband, her parents, a brother (my Uncle Glen) and her sister (my mom) along with two nieces and two nephews. She was always remembered and spoken of very often.
Archive for August 10th, 2012
- Just got today's #Resurrection sticker. Get yours in the next 3h:16m. #tvtag tvt.ag/1fiwOsd #Resurrection 1 day ago
- "@carlivatiron: "Wisconsin? What are you doing there?" -- Anna Devane, #GH" nice, Ron! #insidejoke 5 days ago
- RT @InsideBates: Have you made your reservation? The Season 2 premiere of #BatesMotel begins TONIGHT at 9/8c. http://t.co/xidzYr00vZ 1 week ago
- 46,895 hits
- 1940 census Amore ancestors Anderson Blazer blog Blogging blogs California Carnival of Genealogy Caylor cemetery census challenge Christmas civil war Clawson CoG Coshocton Coshocton County cousins death Facebook family FamilySearch Fearless Females Freaky Friday Genea-Blogger genea-blogger group games geneabloggers genealogy Germany Goul grandmother grandparents grave Henry County history holiday holidays House Indiana Japan Johnson letters Madison County marriage meme military Missouri news newspaper obituary Ohio Oregon personal photograph Photographs photos Records research reunion Smile For the Camera SNGF Stern stories Tombstone Tuesday Travel Thursday vacation Websites web sites Werts Wilt Women's History Month wordless wednesday
- awards Blogging Carnival of Genealogy Census challenge Facebook Fearless Females Follow Friday Freaky Friday genea-blogger group games geography Inheritance letters Life and Death news Occupations On This Day personal Photographs Records Research Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera (Carnival) stories Today in History Tombstone Tuesday Travel Thursday Uncategorized Websites wordless wednesday