The 87th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy concerns “GeneaResolutions”. I looked back on my post for the 63rd Edition – I Resolve To . . . in order to see what I had listed as my resolutions concerning genealogy for 2009.
I had listed that I wanted to scan more documents, photos and the rest of my slides – did not quite get there! I did scan some newly discovered photos but did not get a chance to scan much and certainly did not get my slides scanned. I wanted to organize my files – absolutely did not do that! For one thing they are in another room that is being used by another family member and it’s very difficult for me to get to them. As for my online files, in between being out of state for six weeks this past spring and dealing with a new baby in the house, a lot of my genea-resolutions from last year never got done.
I had also resolved to blog more and take part in more carnivals. That didn’t happen but not for lack of trying. I also have not worked on my Graveyard Rabbit Blog – at all this year.
So this year I won’t be as ambitious (which is one reason I don’t ever make personal New Year’s Resolutions!). So here they are:
- Leave comments on each genea-blog I read. How do the authors know we’ve visited if we never say “hi”!
- Write at least one blog post every two weeks – since I know I won’t have time to write every week or every day. I am going to try to write several posts to be published throughout my “down” time.
- Pick another branch of my family to research – this will get me out of the rut of looking at the same people and getting the same results.
- Write one biography on an ancestor in the next three months.
- Write another chapter in my “Goul” family history.
When the year is up, I want to be able to say that I completed all five of these resolutions!
(CoG Illustration courtesy of footnoteMaven!)