I’m a day late with Saturday Night Genealogy Fun that Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings posted last night. The challenge was to list the number of descendents of one of the four sets of great-grandparents, how many are living or deceased, and how many we’ve met.
Reunion of the Amore – Werts Family 1924
My paternal great-grandparents, William Henry Amore (“Henry”) and Mary Angelina Werts (Annie) have over 457 descendents! They had:
- Children: 7 (Clemmie, Zade, Rollo, Clarence, Lloyd – my grandfather, Bert, and Roy) – all deceased
Back: Bert, Rollo, Zade, Clarence, Lloyd
Front: Roy, Henry, Annie, Clemmie
- Grandchildren: 36 (Clemmie – 4, Zade – 1, Rollo – 3, Clarence – 2, Lloyd – 8, Bert – 5, Roy -13); Deceased: 30
Gene (my dad), Paul, Bervil, Ella (my grandmother), Gail, Norman, Lloyd (my grandfather), Gertrude, Marie
- Great-grandchildren: 122 (26 Known – Deceased
- 2nd great-grandchildren: 166 (10 Known – Deceased)
- 3rd great-grandchildren: 113
- 4th great-grandchildren: 13
- Five of the children (my grandfather’s four brothers) – Clarence, Roy, Zade, Rollo, & Bert. My grandfather and his sister were both deceased by the time I was born.
- Some of the children of my grandfather’s siblings and their grandchildren – but I was young so I don’t remember names.
- Almost all of my grandfather’s descendents – my dad’s siblings and their children (my first cousins) – who due to the wide age range – are much older than me. Some of my first cousins’ grandchildren I’ve never met.
I’ve had the good fortune to meet one 1st cousin I didn’t know I had a couple of years ago and continue to correspond with her via Facebook and email. Some of the distant Amore relatives have also contacted me via email or by phone after receiving a query letter from me several years ago. I feel very blessed that we continue our familial relationship even if it is through email or Facebook.