1. William Amore b. February 6, 1828 in Albany, N.Y. d. February 9, 1896 in Coshocton County, Ohio. On the 1880 Census, he listed that his father was born in England and his mother was born in New York. Nationality – probably English.
2. Charlotte Reed Imons b. August 4, 1828 in Ohio d. October 9, 1862 in Coshocton County, Ohio. Nationality – unknown
3. William Washington Werts b. December 25, 1829 in Muskingum County, Ohio d. April 7, 1857 in Ohio. William’s 2nd g-grandfather was born in Baden and the history documented about the Werts family suggests most of them originated in the German area. Nationality – German
4. Louisa Bookless b. April 13, 1834 in Muskingum County, Ohio d. July 26, 1912 in Coshocton County, Ohio. Nationality – probably English
5. Florus Allen House b. January 5, 1813 in New York d. June 25, 1891 in Coshocton County, Ohio. Nationality – English
6. Julia Ann Lewis b. December 24, 1815 in Ohio d. October 6, 1899 in Coshocton County, Ohio. Nationality – Unknown
7. Evan Ogan – He was the Foster father of my g-grandmother, Frances Virginia Ogan. It is unknown if he was directly related to her.
8. Susannah Fritter – She was the Foster mother of my g-grandmother, Frances Virginia Ogan. It is unknown if Susannah was directly related to her.
9. James Wilson Johnson b. August 16, 1829 in Byrd Township, Brown County, Ohio d. October 17, 1917 in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana. Based on family lore – nationality is English.
10. Amanda Evaline Mullis b. 1833 in North Carolina d. March 21, 1868 in Rush County, Indiana. Nationality – Scottish
11. Franklin Blazer b. June 2, 1836 probably in Indiana d. August 25, 1869 in Madison County, Indiana. Nationality – English & German
12. Malissa Goul b. Oct. 1832 in Champaign County, Ohio d. March 7, 1907 in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana. Nationality – German
13. Israel Isaac Wilt b. September 9, 1827 in Rockingham County, Virginia d. September 11, 1919 in Henry County, Indiana. Nationality – German
14. Christena Nash b. abt. 1837 in Pennsylvania d. August 18, 1876 in Henry County, Indiana. Nationality – Unknown
15. Emanual Bushong Stern b. October 7, 1834 in Montgomery County, Ohio d. September 10, 1911 in Nebraska. Nationality – German
16. Nancy Caylor b. May 10, 1840 in Wayne County, Indiana d. December 21, 1900 in Noblesville, Hamilton County, Indiana. Nationality – German
Out of my 16 great-great-grandparents, 2 of them are Unknown – the biological parents of Frances Virginia Ogan. It is highly doubtful that I will ever find out who they are since she was either farmed out or dropped on a doorstep as a small child. Four of them are of English descent. One is of English and German descent. Three are of Unknown descent. One is of Scottish descent and the remaining 5 are of German descent.
I am: 31.75% German
36.5% Unknown (although I believe it to be a combination of English, German, Scottish and French)
Interesting facts: William Amore was the only one of my 2nd great-grandparents who was the 1st generation American.
Most of my 2nd great-grandparents were born and/or died in Indiana or Ohio.