As I’ve been reading through many of the submissions that will be in the 56th Carnival of Genealogy – 10 Essential Genealogy Books You Own (which will be hosted by Lori Thornton at Smoky Mountain Family Historian), I’ve discovered that almost everyone has the book, Evidence Explained: Citing Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace by Elizabeth S. Mills; Boston: Genealogical Company, Incorporated, 2007. This is one book that I am going to have to buy! Some of the customer reviews on Amazon include: “This is the ‘bible’ of genealogy citation.” – J. Grah and “…by far the most comprehensive resource I have seen for accurately and effectively citing sources.” – Brad Combs, PhD. One reviewer even said that whenever a new book by Elizabeth S. Mills will be released, they put in an advance order. Obviously, I’ve been missing out on a great resource so I’ll be looking for a used copy (is there such a thing?) to add to my genealogy library.
- Genealogy Road Trip – Part Nine allmybranches.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/gen… https://t.co/HZ9zSwaURU 3 days ago
- Genealogy Road Trip – Part Eight allmybranches.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/gen… https://t.co/G6zlfLWtVl 2 weeks ago
- Genealogy Road Trip – Part Seven allmybranches.wordpress.com/2016/10/08/gen… https://t.co/I12LObA6tT 2 weeks ago
- 62,651 hits
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks 1940 census Amore ancestors Anderson Blazer blog Blogging blogs California Carnival of Genealogy Caylor cemetery census challenge Christmas Clawson CoG Coshocton cousins death family Fearless Females Follow Friday Freaky Friday fun Genea-Blogger genea-blogger group games genealogy genealogy mystery Germany Goul grandmother grandparents Henry County history holiday holidays House Indiana Japan Johnson letters Lewis Madison County marriage meme military Missouri news newspaper obituary Ohio Oregon Pennsylvania personal photograph Photographs photos Records research reunion Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera SNGF Stern stories Tombstone Tuesday vacation web sites Websites Werts Wilt Women's History Month wordless wednesday
Mike on Genealogy Road Trip – Pa… Genealogy Road Trip… on Clues to the Mystery of Clara… Genealogy Road Trip… on Clues to the Mystery of Clara… Genealogy Road Trip… on Clues to the Mystery of Clara… Genealogy Road Trip… on Genealogy Road Trip – Pa…
- 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Blogging Carnival of Genealogy Census challenge Facebook Fearless Females Follow Friday Freaky Friday genea-blogger group games Genealogy Mystery geography Inheritance letters Life and Death news Occupations On This Day personal Photographs Records Research Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Smile For the Camera (Carnival) stories Today in History Tombstone Tuesday Uncategorized Websites wordless wednesday