This is my submission for the 56th Carnival of Genealogy being hosted by Lori Thornton at Smoky Mountain Family Historian. The topic is 10 essential books in my genealogy library.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to buy a lot of the books I really should. Some I’ve checked (& re-checked) out of the local library. Others I’ve been able to find on Google Books. So without further ado:
1. The Hollister Family of America. Compiled by Lafayette Wallace Case M.D.; Chicago, Fergus Printing Company; 1886
2. The Genealogy of the Loveland Family in the United States of America from 1635 to 1892. By J.B. Loveland, Fremont, O., and George Loveland, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.; Vol. 1; Freemont, Ohio; I.M. Keeler and Son, printers; 1892.
3. The Risley Family History. By Edwin H. Risley of Utica, N.Y.; The Grafton Press; Genealogical Publishers; New York; MCMIX; Copyright 1909 by Edwin H. Risley.
4. The Treat Family, A Genealogy of Trott, Tratt and Treat. By John Harvey Treat, A.M.; Salem, Massachussets; The Salem Press Publishing & Printing Company; The Salem Press; 1893.
5. Genealogy of the Bigelow Family of America. Gilman Bigelow Howe; Worcester, Mass.; Printed by Charles Hamilton; No. 311 Main Street; 1890.
6. Historical Sketches and Reminisces of Madison County. John L. Forkner and Byron H. Dyson; Anderson, Ind.; 1897; from the Press of Wilson, Humphreys, & Co., Fourth St., Logansport, Ind.
7. A Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Martin Oberholtzer. By Rev. A.J. Fretz; Milton, N.J.; Press of the Evergreen News; Milton, N.J.; 1908
8. Marriages of Coshocton County, Ohio, 1811-1930. Miriam C. Hunter; Compiled from marriage records, Probate Court, Coshocton County, Ohio; Coshocton Public Library, Coshocton, Ohio; 1967.
9. History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. Compiled by N.N. Hill, Jr.; Newark, Ohio; A.A. Graham & Co., Publishers; 1881; Carlon & Hollenbeck, Printers & Binders, Indianapolis, Ind.
10. Historical Collections of Coshocton County Ohio; 1764-1876. By William E. Hunt; Cincinnati; Robert Clarke & Co., Printers, 1876