As I prepare for the Genea-Blogger Group Games, I decided that I would start my own “prompt” or “challenge”. If anyone wants to play after today – that would be great but not required.
I have participated in “Wordless Wednesday” (albeit only once – this week), have read “Twice Told Tuesday” postings on Shades of the Departed, as well as have submitted entries for Smile for the Camera (also on “Shades”) and Carnival of Genealogy, hosted by Jasia on Creative Gene. So . . . I wondered . . . what about “Freaky Friday”? Remember the movies? The original with Jodi Foster, then there was a re-make, then the latest one a few years ago with Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis? The premise revolves around a mother and daughter who end up switching bodies and learning how to adapt?
“Freaky Friday” here in the Genealogy blogosphere would require some thought. Some ideas:
1. Which Ancestor would you want to switch places with for one day? Why? What do you hope to learn? What challenges would you face? What challenges would your ancestor face living as you?
2. Pick another genealogist (does not have to be a professional) you would switch places with for one day. Why did you pick that person?
3. Pick a different decade or century you would choose to live in for one day. Explain why and what you learned (you’ll need to do some homeworkabout history).
4. Pick one country of your ancestors that you would live in for one day – during their lifetime. Explain why and what you learned. (again – homework on history and geography)
5. Submit a photo or two that screams “Freaky” or “Friday” (or both!) and explain.
Yes, I know we are all going to be really busy in the next couple weeks working on our competition in the “Games”, but there are many others out there who are cheering us on and for one reason or another not able to participate. I wanted to give those who are not participating as well as those who are, to have a fresh prompt (one of the challenges is “Write! Write! Write!”).
I will be posting my “Freaky Friday” soon. If you rise to the challenge – today or next week – let me know so I can give a Shout Out to your blog. If you are on the Genea-Blogger Group at Facebook, post a message so the group can check it out!
Thanks to all who participate – or even just stop by to read my entry for each week’s “Freaky Friday”!