Thank you for the award, Karen!
Earlier this year, this award went around the genea-blogger (and “normal” blogger) community. I was fortunate to receive this award from Sheri of Grandma’s Stitches. Just recently I was given this award again – from Karen at Twigs to Roots. Karen has recently begun her foray into the blogging world and has jumped in with both feet! Please travel to her blog and give her a big geneablogger welcome!
As part of receiving this award, I am to list seven things about myself:
- I am back in college again!
- My new grandson will be 2 months old on Saturday!
- I love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- I get to take the day “off” for Thanksgiving this year as one of my daughter’s is having it at her house for the first time!
- All of my grandsons have blue eyes.
- I’m almost at the tail end of the “baby boomer” generation!
- I am secretary for the PTA at my grandson’s elementary school!
Next, I’m to Award this to other blogs that I enjoy. I’d like to try to highlight some that are new to me – since this award has already been around to several.
A Tale of Two Ancestors by Amanda Acquard. Amanda must be the sister I didn’t know I had because we share the same interests – history, genealogy, and travel (though I haven’t been able to do that!). She is currently in graduate school and working toward becoming a genealogy reference librarian. Although I am currently only working toward my associates degree, I had decided I would very much like a career as a historical archivist – whether for a library or a museum – but that is a very long way off! Stop by and say hi to Amanda!
Ancestor Hunting by Cheryl Rothwell. Her story A Family Way is very touching. Please go read her blog if you don’t have it bookmarked already!
Diggin Up Dirt by Cat. She posts interesting articles about her own genealogy research and the information she’s been able to obtain. I find it useful to see what she and other’s have found – especially when I need a slight nudge in the right direction. Stop by and read some of her interesting posts.
And I’m sure there are many more I could honor with this award – however, I want to make sure others have the opportunity to award it!
Thanks, Karen, for the award! And congratulations to all who receive it!
Read Full Post »
One of my new readers, Sheri, of Grandma’s Stitches awarded me with this KreativBlogger Award! The rules are fairly simple:
1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Link to those sites on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.
Since I haven’t seen this pop up on any other blogs yet, I’ll nominate my 7. They are:
1. Jessica Oswalt of Jessica’s Genejournal. Jessica has tagged me and awarded me with many awards so I want to reciprocate!
2. Terri at The Ties That Bind. This is a new-to-me genealogy blog and I’ve enjoyed reading Terri’s posts!
3. Dorene at Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay. Dorene and I are more than likely very distant cousins through our Connecticut House ancestors!
4. Becky Jamison at Grace and Glory – I enjoy her posts about her parents and her ancestral findings.
5. Ernie Margheim of Ernie’s Journey’s. Ernie is Becky Jamison’s father and has his own blog! Ernie reminds me of my grandfather with some of his stories and the way he writes! Right now Ernie is out of pocket for awhile so he can have surgery and recover. Good thoughts to you, Ernie! (Perhaps Becky can tell her Dad we are all thinking of him!)
6. Suzanne Coleman of Growing up Genealogy. I recently discovered this blog about growing up surrounded by genealogy.
7. Lee Drew of Lineage Keeper. Lee posts the contents of several letters on his blog that are very interesting! This is another blog that is new to me, and I hope will become new to you as well!
I want to thank Sheri for awarding this to me! I hope you will go visit Sheri and the other nominees and show them some love!
Read Full Post »
Jessica, at Jessica’s Genejournal has awarded me with the Proximidade Award. This award is for “These blogs invest and believe in PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time, and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming! These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends! They are not interested in prizes or self -aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
This award has been going around for a few days now so I’m not sure I’ll be able to award it to eight others who have not already been given this award – but I’ll try!
So here it goes. I’m awarding these eight folks:
- A. Spence of Spence-Lowry Family History
- Janice Tracy of Attala County Memories
- Denise Olson of Family Matters
- Becky Jamison of Grace and Glory
- Amy Coffin of We Tree
- Ruth Stephens of Bluebonnet Country Genealogy
- Chery Kinnick of Nordic Blue
- Lori Thornton of Smoky Mountain Family Historian
Thank you, Jessica, for this award!
Read Full Post »
Jessica at Jessica’s Genejournal has awarded me the “I Love Your Blog Award”. Similar to the “Blogging Friends Forever” award, this must also be passed on to other bloggers. Since it seems that these awards actually are cyclical, I’ll use the same tagging method that Lidian at the Virtual Dime Museum used – if you are on my blogroll or in my links or a friend/follower on Facebook, consider yourself “tagged”! Just please, link back to my site (or the site that awarded it)! Like, Jessica, I read more than seven blogs and at any one time I have several favorites! I feel very priviledged to be among a world class group as the genea-bloggers!
Jessica – thanks so much for the tag and the award! I’m humbled and thankful for this!
Read Full Post »