In the last few weeks I’ve been able to plow through some of the brick walls that I’ve run into during my research. I mentioned some of them in this post, however, the ancestors I’ve found, weren’t listed.
- My paternal 2nd great-grandmother Louisa Bookless (b. 13 Apr 1834 d. 26 Jul 1912) and her:
- parents: David Bookless (b. 1808 d. 1848) and Mary Cartmell (b. abt. 1805 d. Sep 1839)
- paternal grandparents: William Bookless (b. Unknown d. 1825) and Ann Cartmell (b. Unknown d. after 1842)
- maternal grandparents: John Cartmell (b. abt. 1760 d. abt. 1813) and Ann Pierson
- maternal g-grandparents: Nathaniel Cartmell (b. abt. 1732) and Sarah Russell and Alexander Pierson
- maternal 2nd g-grandfather: Nathaniel Cartmell (b. abt. 1710)
- maternal 3rd g-grandfather: Martin Cartmell (b. abt. 1685 d. 1749) and Esther
- maternal 4th g-grandfather: Nathaniel Cartmell (b. abt. 1660) and Dorothy Poole
- My paternal 3rd great-grandmother, Margaret Maple (b. 22 Dec 1808 d. 13 May 1851), and her:
- parents: William B. Maple (b. 16 Jul 1778 d. 6 Mar 1848) and Mary Fuller (b. Apr 1782 d. 9 Apr 1850)
- maternal g-parents: Thomas Fuller (b. abt. 1756 d. abt. 1824) and Lydia Hayes (b. abt. 1751 d. abt. 1817)
- paternal g-parents: Jacob Maple (b. abt. 1734 d. bet. 1820-1822) and Elizabeth Stanford (b. 1749)
- paternal gr-grandparents: Benjamin Maple Jr. (b. abt. 1696 d. 26 Nov 1777) and Sarah Clare Lee (b. 1700)
- paternal 2nd gr-grandparents: Benjamin Maple Sr. (b. 1663 d. 13 May 1727) and Mrs. Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) Lee (b. bef. 1676)
It appears that Benjamin Maple Sr. (my 7th great-grandfather) was born in Ipswich, Suffolk County, England and immigrated via Barbados to America as an indentured servant. He arrived in America in 1688 at the age of about 25 and married the widow, Elizabeth Lee, about 1694 in Burlinton, New Jersey. Elizabeth had one son, David, from her previous marriage and the couple had three children – son, Benjamin Jr., and daughters, Ruth and Catherine. If he and his wife had other children, they were not mentioned in his will.