In an earlier post, I wrote about How Many Times Have They Been Married. This post will list some of the lengthy marriages I’ve discovered in my family tree.
- Glen Johnson and Vesta Wilt - 67 years
- Lloyd Amore and Ella House - 43 years.
Uncles and Aunts
- Glen Johnson Jr. and Mary Van Tuyl - 61 years
- Gail Amore and Margaret White - 40 years
- Paul Amore and Dorothy (unknown) – about 50 years
- Norman Amore and Mae Miller – 54 years
- Bervil Amore and Eva Swigert – 45 years
First Cousins – since these couples are still living I will just list the years:
- 57 years
- 46 years
- 45 years
- 50 years
- 43 years
- 45 years
- 26 years
- John Johnson and Katie Blazer – 46 years
- Henry Amore and Annie Werts – 62 years
- James House and Frances Ogan – 42 years
Several of my great-aunts and great-uncles also had marriages that endured for a long time. So even though there are quite a few couples whose marriages didn’t work for one reason or another, or they endured the death of a spouse, there are many examples of marital longevity in my family.
Have you gone through your family tree and ancestors and discovered lengthy marriages or someone who has been married several times (for one reason or another)?